Sat, Feb 11
1-2:30pm. Rachel Zuckert, “Kant’s Philosophy of History as Response to Existential Despair”
2:45-4:15pm. Melissa Merritt, “Kant’s Critical Rehabilitation of the Stoic Concept of Nature”
4:30-6pm. Karl Ameriks, “Philosophy, Politics, and Thomas Mann's Elliptical Path Back to Kant”
Sun, Feb 12
9-10:30am. Ian Blecher, “Kant's Postulate that God Exists”
10:45am-12:15pm. Janelle DeWitt, “Humanity, Holiness, and the Highest Good”
12:30-2pm. Graduate student (TBA)
· We will be hosting a conference meal Saturday evening, February 11, for everyone who RSVP’s. There is no registration fee, but please RSVP to Andrews Reath (firstname.lastname@example.org) by January 31 so that we have a headcount.
· Complete details about the conference will be posted on the PSG website by mid-January (https://northamericankantsociety.org/studygroups).
· The room on the UCR campus will be either INTS 1113 or HMSS 1605B – details and maps to be posted on the PSG website.
· Since there is an event in Riverside that weekend, we recommend making hotel reservations a month in advance. Speakers will be staying at the Courtyard by Marriott, 1510 University Avenue, Riverside CA 92507. Rates are c. $150/night with tax. (951-276-1200). Another option is Dynasty Suites, 3735 Iowa Avenue, Riverside, CA 92507. Rates are c. $100/night with tax (951-369-8200). A list of local hotels will be posted on the PSG website by January. Be sure to request the UCR rate when you reserve.
· For those travelling from out of state, Ontario CA is the airport closest to Riverside (c. 30 minutes vs. 75 minutes from LAX).
· Parking available in UCR Lot 1. More detail on the PSG website.